|Deviant Login||Shop||Join deviantART for FREE||Take the Tour|
Character ApplicationStudent Registration Form
Moon and Stars Academy: Student Registration Form
What is the name of your character?
Shou of Mount Nyu
What species are you?
What is your gender?
What is your age?
What abilities do you have?
- Has the ability of flight.
- Well-founded understanding and control over wind (hence the ability of flight).
- Is able to fly while sleeping.
What are your limitations and weaknesses?
- The ability of flight is only as good as his stamina/endurance and/or concentration. He cannot fly up into extremely high altitudes that a normal human cannot endure as a very young tengu.
- Despite his competent control with wind, his knowledge in other fields of magic are very close to zero. He has little experience with any type of magic other than his own natural and has difficulty understanding such concepts.
- Shou can only fly unconsciously at extremely low altitudes. Really, only up to as high a
A Turning Point in the Clockwork WarA war of attrition
depends on supply and drawdown,
how much you have and how much you use up.
With personnel, the balance concerns
the influx of recruitment versus
the outflow of casualties, deserters, invalids.
There is only so much loss
that a fighting force can sustain
and still fight.
Pilot Claude Archer was the first
to challenge his invalid discharge.
"I don't need legs to fly," he said,
patting the healed stumps of his thighs.
"My Osprey runs on elbow grease."
The members of the discharge board
paused and looked at each other.
What he said was true.
The Osprey-class fighter jets
relied on hand controls,
and a sharp eye and iron nerve.
Fingers flicked through the stack
of discharge papers -- so many, many pages.
So many soldiers lost, never to fight again.
They could not afford to let slip even one
who might be retained, somehow,
to face the front line once more.
Far less could the war effort spare
one of its best pilots.
So they put Pilot Archer back on the roster,
may as well buy another packcollapse, and breathe into the carpet:
sunday mornings are not
for falling apart, but damn
the amphorics, this
is not an atmosphere.
you fell in love like you always
wish you didn't, made all their
smiles replaceable, interchangeable,
fell asleep with shadows and kept
drinking, just letting yourself sleep
with blue pills
and tried not to scream.
(keep this image in your head:
fire and nectarines, a sudden jerk
of realization, inspiration
breaking your neck and leaving you forever
breaking bones is not so different
from breaking hearts - it's all about
the leverage, the angle, the mode
(and at least it wasn't personal;
it can color in your own guilt
for starting lines and never ending
Keep in Touch!